Aquinas Academy Building on Success— The Next STORY
In June 2021, Aquinas Academy broke ground on a new $5.2 million dollar lower/middle school building, which will benefit students of all grade levels! $3.9 million dollars has already been raised. We need your help to finalize funding!
Aquinas Academy’s many years of steady enrollment growth has been enabled by the generosity of our past benefactors, who have sustained us financially, funded our financial aid programs, and enabled us to acquire and construct our current campus. This Legacy of Giving is described in the Building Campaign Letter. Learn more about the building project on this page, through this flyer, and in a virtual webinar recording.
Please consider helping us to add another “STORY” to our success by a one-time gift or 1-3 year pledge.
Gift Recognition Levels
Building Campaign gifts may be spread over 3 years.
- $1,000,000 Building Naming Rights
- $250,000 Building Wing Naming Rights
- $50,000 Science & Computer Labs Naming Rights
- $50,000 Teachers’ Workroom/ Lounge Naming Rights
- $30,000 Classroom Naming Rights
- $20,000 Gold Level Leadership Donor Plaque
- $10,000 Silver Level Leadership Donor Plaque
- $5,000 Donor Plaque
- $1,500–$4,900 Brick Pavers
- Benefits all three school levels
- With the completion of the new building, the lower and middle school will move into dedicated wings with larger and improved classrooms. The middle school will no longer need to borrow classroom space from our high school building, and high school students will gain back space with the relocation of the middle school classes.
- Science and computer labs, nurse’s office, larger classrooms, new amenities for outside activities, and more
- The new building will provide students with added science and computer labs, a new library in the existing Kindergarten room, and other instructional resources. We’ll be better equipped to continue our mission of academic excellence by enhancing our students’ access to classroom tools of the 21st century. Our families will appreciate a new restroom facility accessible from the outside when cheering on our sports teams on the field or enjoying outdoor activities.
- Improved lighting, air-quality, thermal conditions, acoustics, and security
- We want our students to be safer, healthier, and happier to help them achieve an even greater learning capacity.
- An expected increase of students, faculty, academic offerings, clubs, athletic teams, and social opportunities
- Many of our current K - 8 grades have waiting lists for enrollment. The new building will provide space to accommodate our current students and the many families seeking Aquinas Academy’s faith-based education and challenging classical curriculum.
An increase in mission-driven faculty gives our students more role models and opportunities for formation in the knowledge, practice, and love of our Catholic faith even in the midst of a culture that increasingly rejects the need for Jesus Christ and His saving light in our world.
Continued increases in enrollment will afford our students more academic offerings, more athletic teams, clubs, and social opportunities.
- A relocated and updated Fine Arts Wing
- Students from all three levels will enjoy art, music, choir, and band in the new, dedicated Fine Arts Wing. It will be relocated to the current middle school classroom area.
- Continued small class sizes
- Even with increases in space and enrollment, class sizes will continue to be limited to 18-22 students in lower and middle school classrooms, and 50 students per grade level in high school.
- Enhanced opportunities for delivering our time-tested mission of forming tomorrow’s Catholic Christian leaders
- Our alumni continue to share their success stories with us — in college and beyond. We need your help cultivating these well-formed Catholic Christian leaders by continuing the great legacy of support of our past benefactors.
- Seeking Our Lady’s intercession
- Our benefactors are remembered daily in our prayers at Mass. Students are seeking Our Lady’s intercession by praying the Memorare daily for the success of the building campaign and the continued growth of Aquinas Academy.
- More information can be read in the Building Campaign Letter by Head of School, Mrs. Leslie Mitros, and Aquinas Academy of Pittsburgh President of the Board, Mr. Peter Blume, Esq.
- Architectural design is by TKA Architects, Inc. The architectural drawings can be viewed in this slideshow presention (pdf).